Search This Blog


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Feel the Earth Mo0ove Under My Feet (I Feel The Sky Tumbling Down)

Good Morning! Okie Dokie so had a late night last night and am sorta paying for it this morning. But, it's all good in the hood...just gotta move around and shake some life into me. Maybe day six can liven me up! 

Day Six: Cooked Food - What Are You Really Missing? (cooked food, smooked food, who needs it anyway?!)

If junk food is the devil, then a sweet orange is as scripture. ~Audrey
Foris

Yeah, not exactly sure that's going to do the trick with my whole energy issue this morning lol but I do totally feel something on this topic. Every other time I've attempted to switch to eating raw I've always looked at cooked food as something I was giving up. *Embarrassing* but I envied every person I would see enjoying a chocolate chip scone or blueberry muffin...sometimes I would even get mad that they would consider putting something so "harmful" into their bodies. Truth? It's just freakin' food! A blueberry muffin isn't going to kill you. I am a believer in moderation. If I truly feel like I want to go back and eat things like pizza and cake, I will. But, I want to eat those things for the right reasons...and certainly not out of desperation or depression. I know that I want to see myself healthier and more vibrant. I want to have loads of energy, and be able to overcome the obstacles life presents without having to worry about my health anymore. For me, I know that food has contributed to the health set backs I've experienced. Meat, dairy, and sugary foods just don't work well with my body. I am no activist, and I don't think eating raw food is an end all cure all for everyone on the planet...but for me, it feels right. It is something my body is crying out for me to do. So no, cooked food is not the devil. I will not go to hell for eating it, and I certainly wont feel hexed from ever touching it again. The goal here is to tune into my inner needs and wants, and nourish my body to the fullest. I feel a change in my body already. My mental clarity is becoming clearer everyday, and my sinus congestion is pretty much all gone. So, for me raw is working. It isn't about raw vs cooked. It's about me taking what I'm feeling I should do, and putting it into action.

1 comment: