Search This Blog


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Moment Like This (some people wait a life time...for a moment like this!)

Okay, so it's no secret that I am pretty much getting the opportunity of a life time here. I'm moving to Hawaii to live with an amazing family, and getting the chance to do exactly what I love...helping! I can't wait to get over there and start this new chapter of my life. I am getting happier and happier everyday, and that glow just seems to get brighter and brighter. With one exception...the darn food dilemma...

So here I go talking about food again. Well, can ya blame me? I'm surrounded by it 8 hours a day a work! You may think you're strong...but just wait until you come face to face with a portabello mushroom pizza that is smothered in like three different kinds of cheeses and is basically screaming at you to eat it! Ya, that's what I thought. You probably want one right now...so just chill and stop judging me lol.

Anyways, this whole food crisis has inspired me to write, yet again, another blog about will power and strength. So0o who's stronger, me or food? Me, me, oh please, pick me!! Lol. Not a chance, at least certainly not today. I fought food, and the food won....

Maybe the trick is to stop fighting? So, new approach - less fighting of what I don't want, and more focus on the things I do want! Lets see...why do I want to eat healthy anyways? 

Honestly, right now it's because I don't want to go over to Hawaii with a big, bloated, 6 month pregnant lookin' belly. Yes...that's what eating dairy and wheat does to me. It blows me up like a freakin' balloon and makes me look like I'm carrying twins. Not attractive in a swim suit. No! I don't think I'm fat! I just know what my body naturally looks like, and for some reason God blessed me with a flat tummy...which I am very grateful for. And when it's not flat, I know something ain't right.

So, it's time to stop abusing myself and start loving me as much as possible. Goal? Get back my bikini ready bod by the time I leave...which is in less than two weeks (July 12th). Can I do it? Well...seeing is how I don't set unrealistic goals...heck yes I can do it! As long as I stay away from crap that my body doesn't like I will be perfectly fine. 

I am posting a picture of what my body goal is, and then the day before I leave I will take a comparison picture to see how close I came to reaching my goal. Haha I am only doing this because I know that promising a picture of myself in a bikini will for sure help me stick with it! Guess I better squeeze in some tanning time too...don't wanna blind everyone with my white legs! And, boy are they white...whoo. 

Okay, so here's my goal: And I have less than two weeks to reach it. Wish-a me luck :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment