Search This Blog


Saturday, June 26, 2010

Warm Whispers ( I am weeping honey and milk)

A not so known song...but it is a song, I swear! Lol just heard it on Pandora and it reminded me of something I was thinking about the other day...

Ever since starting down this path to purify my body and regain balance in my life my spiritual side has sorta opened up. I've always had strong faith and believed in God, but I'm gaining so much more insight these days. Not just wisdom- but simple wisdom. I've read my share of spiritual books, sat in on many Sunday sermons, and watched movies about God and faith...but sometimes things just don't add up to me. I commend pastors though...what a tough job to try and preach the word of truth to such a diverse group of people.

Like I've stated before, I don't believe there to be one true way to live life. Happiness is different for every person. Yes we were all created from the same source, but we have been given the gift of individuality and free will. Which means that we can live our lives however it is we want to. This doesn't mean we should all go around smokin' crack and killing each other though. What it means is that we should live by what we, in our hearts believe to be true and right. And to do our best to respect the people around us. With that said, I can say this out of true respect...

The story in the bible of the wandering people in search of the land of milk and honey (haha see where the song for today's title comes in now) has been popping into my head SO much over the past couple of weeks. Which says to me that it must be something that is needing to be addressed in my life. I am no bible expert and I don't know if what I'm going to say is even close to being right...but I'm pretty sure that God promises these people an abundance of land that is flowing with milk and honey, in other words - paradise...well...if you like milk and honey lol. Okay, that's besides the point...so these people, they go in search of this paradise and wander around for like a billion years or something (extreme exaggeration because I don't know the actual amount of time lol comedy is always a safe bet when you haven't a clue what you're talking about). Well, eventually God appears to them and says something like "The land I have promised you is right here (somewhere close)...you've been wandering around for no reason." Haha sorry to anyone who knows the actual story, guess I shoulda maybe googled it before writing this, but I'm lazy. You got the jist of it though right? They are wandering in circles while the land is right in front of their eyes...simply within reach.

My take on the story? The land of milk and honey is the kingdom of Heaven that God has promised all of us, and we are the wanderers going in circles in search of what is already within us.

So here comes my true thoughts and the part that may be controversial : All these people out there who are going through long drawn out processes to obtain enlightenment...are they not taking the long route? If we already possess the kingdom of God within us shouldn't it be much easier to tap into than spending a life time of meditating for 20 hours a day? Are we putting hope in things like statues and emblems to bring us closer to God rather than just realizing that God is everywhere and we don't need any outside things to be close to Him? To me, faith should be something simple. Why would God make things hard on us? Especially since a lot of times things like that cost money and aren't available to everyone. We are simply made of love.

A lot of times people tend to complicate things. I've come to a place where I am beginning to realize that life is not this great big mystery that we need to figure out. Life is simply just that - life. Just go with it, love and appreciate everything you have and enjoy what you are doing every second of the day. Don't be a wanderer who is constantly searching for others to give you all the answer. Search within yourself. That's where the true answers lie.

Now I'm so not putting Jesus down by saying this, but one day I was thinking about being a follower of Jesus. In my head I asked the question, "Did God make us to be followers?" A quick response came back at me - "The only thing you should ever follow is your heart." Simple. While Jesus did wonderful beyond wonder things in the world, I can't strive to be like him. He is not me. I am different and have my own purpose in life. My heart will direct me toward the things I am capable of accomplishing. I am living life purely based on my highest light...which is different than your highest light. We are all at different stages in life, and all have different lessons to learn. I respect your path in life, and hope that you respect your own path as well. One day maybe we'll all be on the same page, but I'm not sure I'd want to walk around in a world full of people who were all the same.

Rock your individuality - it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment