Search This Blog


Friday, June 11, 2010

SlaAaAaker....

Okay, Okay, I know what you're thinking...I've failed right? It's been like five days since my last post, but failure is not to blame...being super busy is! I am still very much on track with my raw food goals, and I've been stickin' to it 100%. I feel amazing! My body is opening up, and it's releasing toxins, negative feelings (that I've been harboring for only God knows how long), fat that was unneeded, plus a million other behind the scenes things that I don't even know about. The body is truly an amazing thing, it knows what to do, and it knows what not to do. It is always seeking balance, and if allowed, balance is exactly what it will find.

Yesterday was a great day of learning for me. I rode my bike to work, then headed to yoga to do not one, but two 90min. sessions! I honestly didn't think I could do it, but instead of dreading the 3 hours ahead of me I did my best to live in the moment and take each pose one, by one. And, it turned out to be the best sessions yet. I really didn't know it was possible for the human body to sweat that much lol but I can't even explain how amazing completing something like that is. You've been in a sauna before right? Well, multiply that great after sauna feeling by like a million and you might come close to the euphoric feeling Bikram Yoga can give you. There is the perfect balance of stress/relaxation. Every cell in your body is forced to come together and work toward one common goal...balance. And from that balance comes strength, peace, self-worth, and pretty much ever other positive word in the human language. I love it so much that I am seriously debating becoming an instructor. I feel so passionate about the benefits of yoga that I would love nothing more than to spread the word, and help bring it's healing benefits into others lives. I'm on a five for five kick right now...it's a deal my yoga studio is giving. It's a five week deal, and you must attend five classes a week during the five weeks (get it now - five for five. He he). Reward? A full month of yoga for free! That's like a $100 value people. Of course I jumped all over that! I just completed my first week...so now I'm more than ready to get my second one started. Oh shoot! I lost track of time...haha I gotta go to work! I will start re-posting stuff about the 21 day raw program later today.

Enjoy the day! :)

PS - I didn't get a chance to edit this, so if there are typos I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment