Search This Blog


Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bow Chica Bow Wow (that's all I got lol)

So0o day seven way a success, I just didn't have time to blog yesterday. Karaoke is consuming my life! Lol I like it though...and since I've been staying out so late I've made a new best friend with the store room at work (haha been taking naps on my lunch break).

Day eight is pretty much already over, but I will re-cap on what the lesson was for today. 

Day Eight: Know Your Cravings (Hold em', squeeze em', love em'...maybe not that far, but you get the picture)

Cravings are the worst! There have been times when I've felt consumed by my cravings so much that I couldn't even pay attention to what people were saying to me because all I was thinking about was eating a big spoon full of chocolate peanut butter coconut bliss ice cream...okay, not just a spoon full...the whole damn pint lol. That stuff is so good. Highly recommend it, it tastes a million times better than dairy ice cream. It's pricey, but SO worth it. Anyways, so far I haven't really had any major cravings. I've been stuffing myself full of bananas though...I'm actually getting worried that I may wake up a monkey. Bananas have the best texture. I freakin' love them. New favorite food, well actually scratch that. Mangoes are my favorite. Oh yum...tomorrow I'm going to make a mango banana smoothie. K I'm getting side tracked. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, cravings. So0o pretty much my big craving deal was sweets, and since I'm eating so much fruit my sweet tooth has been more than satisfied. Honestly, I hardly look twice at the donuts and pastries at work. They even have my favorite cream filled donuts and I've remained strong lol. Truthfully if I felt like I really, really wanted the donut I would eat it, but I haven't had an urge to do anything but follow the game plan I've made for myself. I'm starting to realize how strong of a person I am. Overcoming the need to eat cooked food isn't just about improving my health anymore, it's about challenging myself to become stronger. I've pretty much been a wall flower my whole life. Shy, timid, and basically scared of my own shadow. Why? Not a clue, all I know is that I wasn't having fun with life. I used to take things way too seriously. Life isn't about always doing the right thing, it's about doing the best you can with what you have. I'm not always going to be able to make everyone smile, there are going to be people who don't like me...and maybe even people who hate me, but ya know what...that's on them. I'm not going to compromise who I am in fear of being disliked. Everyone has been given special gifts and talents, to not live out those gifts is like giving God a big ol' slap to the face. New goal - be open to all the good things that God is wanting to bring into my life. Anything that I truly need, I know that God will provide for me. Loving yourself is not conceited. Ever been in the presence of someone who loves themselves? It's almost contagious. I've met so many people in the raw food movement who are radiating with love, sometimes I can't take my eyes off them. Love is beautiful. When we're happy we glow, and others want to be around happy people. It's okay to stand out, the only people who will try and bring you down are those that are unhappy with themselves. Respect other people, even if they don't make sense to you. Everyone is different, just accept the difference and I promise it will shed a new light into your life. Judgment is not up to us. Just because someone doesn't live up to your standards doesn't mean they are doing something wrong. We all have a purpose, and an authentic purpose at that. Don't be a copy cat. Do what you love, and love what you do!

Day Eight? Success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment