Search This Blog


Sunday, June 13, 2010

Im going, going, back, back to posting, posting (haha anyone remember that song?)

Yeah, I totally changed the words a bit, but if you can guess and remember that song...high five! :)

So0o I know I haven't posted as much as I usually do, and I did have every intention of posting over the weekend, but I ended up going camping. Woo Whoo for the sunny weather! I've been on my raw commitment thing for like 19 days now, but I haven't really been keeping up with the lessons, so I'm going to start where I left off....so this will be day twelve. 

Day Twelve: Break the Emotional Eating Cycle (Whoa boy, this couldn't have come at a better time!)

“Your life is the sum result of all the choices you make, both
consciously and unconsciously. If you can control the process of
choosing, you can take control of all aspects of your life. You can find
the freedom that comes from being in charge of yourself.” ~Robert F.
Bennett

True, true, true! Each and everyone of us has the choice to do or not do things. Anything we are faced with is ultimately in reaction to something we did in the past. Like right now, I am sitting at my computer so hot that I'm almost sweating because my body is trying to counteract and process all the fat I stuffed myself with. Today was a horrible day for me food wise. I started eating when I wasn't actually hungry, and then I couldn't stop! It was like I wanted everything in sight. I did manage to stick with my raw plan (okay, except for having a piece of banana bread...it was small, ok! lol), but nothing seemed to satisfy me. I ate a ton of nuts and now feel so full that I can hardly move. My poor body is doing it's best to digest everything, and I think that's why my temperature is up right now...or I may just need to open a window, I don't know. Anyways, I learned a valuable lesson today...don't eat when you're not hungry! I keep trying to tell myself this, but it just doesn't seem to sink in. I guess I'm just afraid that I will never get hungry lol cuz I don't! It's super weird. Guess I can try a little experiment within an experiment and see how long it takes me to get hungry. I mean, as long as I still have enough energy to do the things I need to do it shouldn't really matter how much I eat. Like I've said before, eating for me is more emotional than anything else anyways. The only time I feel bad about eating is when I eat when I'm not hungry...and today is a prime example of that. I love food, I really do...but I can't keep shoveling it into my mouth if my body isn't actually asking for it. If I eat when I'm not hungry it seems to stimulate my mind more than anything, and I think that's why I always have this empty feeling even though I'm full. Who knows though. I will just have to take it one day at a time and keep experimenting with myself. I also learned that when I'm craving something, it's not a smart idea to eat something else to try and get rid of the craving. For example: If I want cake, and eat a banana instead...I'm still going to want the cake, no matter how many bananas I eat! From now on I am going to wait until the craving for the cake goes away, instead of trying to suppress the craving with some other food. It just doesn't work, at least not for me. If it works for you, right on. Do whatcha gotta do people. We are all different. And, what do I gotta do right now? Go to sleep! My tummy hurts and my body needs time to digest all the freakin' almonds I ate...never again, never again! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment