Search This Blog


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I am Beautiful No Matter What They Say (Words Won't Bring Me Down)

Hiya! Today is glorious day seven of my raw journey...well in actuality I've been doing the raw thing much longer than seven days, but this is my twenty-one day commitment to end my cravings for all the junk I was hooked on. (sugar, carbs, sugar, sugar...did I mention sugar?)

Day Seven: Progress Not Perfection (But, but...I gotta be perfect!)

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue
that counts.” ~Winston Churchill
One

So many times people set unrealistic goals for themselves, and then wonder why they end up failing. We are human, we make mistakes...it's just part of the process. For me, this whole experience is about learning who I am, and what I can and can't do. Eating raw takes A LOT of discipline. Especially when you work in a restaurant environment like I do. I am surrounded by food...and free food at that! I'm pretty much livin' in the belly of the beast right now, but that just gives me more drive and incentive to succeed. I love pushing the limits and doing things out of the norm. Well, actually for some reason I love proving people wrong. When someone says I can't do something, it makes me want to do it even more. Probably something I should work on a bit lol. Nobody likes to hear they can't do something, and in my opinion this is because we were not made to have boundaries and limitation. We are meant to live freely, able to do what ever it is our hearts tell us to. Jesus said that the kingdom of Heaven lies within us. I watched a video yesterday where David Wolfe was talking about paradise, and how heaven and hell are not some distant place. They are here, right where we are. They are inside of us. Heaven isn't something we get to experience once we're dead. Heaven is something that should be lived right now. It's that place of everlasting love that lies inside all of us. We are moving, feeling, breathing human beings with hearts and souls. Turn inside and ask yourself what it is you really want to do in life. What makes you happy? What puts a smile on your face? What makes you burst at the seams with joy? There is a light within each one of us. All we are meant to do is live that light. Let it shine through you and radiate onto others. That is the true meaning of life. To live and love. To be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment