Search This Blog


Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's a New Dawn, It's a New Day (and I'm feeling good)

Third day, and I'm up bright and early. Not really sure what I'm going to do this morning since I don't have to be anywhere until 10am and I forgot my school books at work, but I'm sure I can think of something. My room needs cleaning, maybe I'll do that.

Day Three: How to End Your Physical Cravings for Good (Get them the heck outta here!)

“The perfect joys of heaven do not satisfy the cravings of nature.”
~William Hazlitt

So, out of all the days, this day is stressed the most. It's one of the most important things in transitioning to a raw food lifestyle, cuz without an end to physical cravings it will be near impossible to successfully continue down this healthy path. Solution? Eat more fruit! Fruit it chalk full of calories and is pure energy. Yeah, it's sugary, but hey...that's right up my alley. I love sugar. Fruit is like natures candy, and I can eat as much of it as I want! I have found that I enjoy smoothies the most right now though. I think mixing greens with my fruit helps my body balance out the sugars, since I am still adjusting to this new type of fuel. Before I was running on things like bread and muffins. Yucky processed stuff. Now my body can focus more on cleaning house instead of trying to attack intruders (he he). Less stress = more time for fun! And fun I will have, check out these delicious smoothie recipes:
Creamy-Crunchy-Cool
5 bananas
3-4 medium nectarines
3 stalks of celery
Blend everything. It might be easier on your blender to cut the celery
into smaller pieces before you blend.

Or how about some fruit salad?

Citrus Circus
6 medium oranges
2 medium-large grapefruit
3 medium kiwi
Cut into same-sized pieces and put into a bowl or arrange on a big
dinner plate.

Before I end I would like to post a little note about the quote included with this lesson. I am not so sure that I agree with it. I've been reading it over and over, trying to understand what the quoter was trying to get across, but all I can get from it is that they're saying heaven can't fill the void of things here on earth. I totally disagree.The things/feelings of heaven are what we need to satisfy the cravings of earth. All too often we put our trust in material things, and things we can see, when the true gifts of life are actually in those things that we cannot see. Heaven, God, Goddess, Universe, whatever you want to refer to it as. That's where the real joy lies. When we can put aside the material things and instill out hopes and desires in the Maker, that's when our faith takes off and true happiness comes about. Guess I may have went a little deeper than I had anticipated, but oh well. I am still working on accepting higher things myself, but when it comes down to it we gotta live off blind faith. Know that there are good things out there, and know that we are being taken care of by something much greater than us. I believe in my heart that this thing that is much greater than us is unfathomable, so I've stopped trying to figure it out, and just started to accept it. What a load off my shoulders! Just live and go with the flow (everyone's flow is different, so follow yours). I like the word bliss, follow your bliss. Love, love, love everything. Hug a tree maybe? (lol jk) 

And remember to smile! :)

2 comments:

  1. Heaven on earth, baby, heaven on earth.
    I've always loved: "The tao that can be spoken or understood is not the true tao."
    As for the hugging a tree suggestion, I always take those literally. ;)

    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna go eat some grapes. (Yep, New Seasons just got organic grapes in and they're on sale!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! I love me some good grapes.

    ReplyDelete