Search This Blog


Tuesday, August 17, 2010

You're going to drink something GrEeN? Eeewww

Good morning! Well...good afternoon to all my mainland friends :) 

I'm feeling pumped up and ready to get my day started. I posted a short little yoga routine I've been doin that is great to get the blood flowin in the morning. Loosens ya right up. Give it a try...It's only like 10 min. or something and is SO worth it.

So let me explain today's title about drinkin something green...

I have decided to do a green smoothie experiment, and drink nothing but green smoothies for a full 7 days. Green smoothies are a great way to pump the body full of minerals and it's a little easier on the digestive tract since everything is blended and already "chewed." 

Since I've been in Hawaii my tummy has been on this up and down roller coaster. I am a bit of an emotional eater and tend to eat in order to avoid thinking too much or becoming bored. Eating is a total time killer and I've definitely taken advantage of that fact. Like I've said - luckily my metabolism is quick and I work out a bunch so my body tends to keep and maintain a pretty healthy weight...but just because I'm slender doesn't mean I'm healthy. I can tell when my tummy isn't working at its ultimate best. So that is why I've decided to go the green smoothie route. 

Green smoothies can pretty much contain any and everything you want them to. I like to use lots of fruit and then add either spinach or lettuce. Spinach is a great veggie to start out with because it is light in flavor and mixes well with the taste of fruit. Cilantro is another great green that can be used. After I'm finished with this post I am going to search the web for some yummy recipes so I'll be posting whatever it is I choose to try out - just in case you wanna be brave and give it a whirl :)

Cheers to your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment