Search This Blog


Monday, August 23, 2010

Got Goals? You betcha!

Truth is, I have many goals. Goals which I will most likely be filtering through this blog, but for today I will keep it simple and explain my current mission...


GreeN SmoothiE WeeK :) 

* Here are the conditions - I drink at least one green smoothie a day for 7 days. We have some fruit at the house that may spoil if not eaten, and as I've already explained - jackfruit just doesn't taste right in a smoothie. So0o as long as I have one green smoothie a day, and eat nothing else but fruit, I will feel happily successful.


Lets use this goal as an example and fill in the blanks from yesterdays outline for goal setting :

1. Develop an intense desire to achieve your goal!
    * LoL not too sure how desire-full you can get about green smoothies, but I'm chalked full with desire! 

2. Develop a strong belief in your goal!
    * I believe that my tummy needs a break and eating only fruit and green smoothies will definitely give it a rest. Fruit is super easy to digest (usually passing through our systems in about 30min.) and green smoothies are blended - so the fibers are already broken down fairly well which makes digestion and absorption a lot easier. 

3. Write your goals down!
    * Ha! I'm so on top of my game

4. Determine how you will benefit from achieving your goal!
    * I will have more energy, my stomach will have a chance to repair itself a little from all the past damage I've caused. My digestion will get back on track, and I'll get to enjoy yummy fruity goodness - all in my favorite color - GreeN! 

5. Analyze your starting point!
    * Right now! From this moment I am committing to eating/drinking nothing but fruit and green smoothies.

6. Set deadlines to achieve your goals!
    * No real deadline - Going to commit for a week - Monday 23rd to Monday 30th
7. Identify the obstacles that stand in your way!
    * I am probably my biggest obstacle. I'm already thinking about all the things other than fruit or green smoothies that I want to eat. I have a journal and I'm going to write down every desire that comes into my head that is not in line with my current goal...sort of a way to release without having to actually act on the cravings. 

8. Identify the additional knowledge or information you will require!
    * Just some recipes and I'll be set. 

9. Identify the people whose cooperation you will require. 
    * Me, myself and I 

10. Make a plan to achieve your goals!
     * That's what I'm doing...right? 

11. Visualize the achievement of your goals! 
      * I see green in my future...

12. Persist until your goals are achieved!
      * Okie Dokie!  

Bottoms Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment