Search This Blog


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

2am and I'm sitting here writin this blog (If I get it all down on paper it's no longer inside of me, threatening the life it belongs to)

Alright, so it's not 2am...it's only 9:30pm but I didn't wanna ruin the song!

So, I know I already wrote a blog today...but I just feel this sudden urge to get some things out. I will probably hold off posting it tonight anyways. Don't wanna overwhelm people LoL 

Earlier today I listened to this great podcast done by Dhrumil Purohit and Philip McCluskey on purpose, passion, career and money. It's pretty much right in line with where my focus and confusion has been over the past couple of months. How can I take my passion and turn it into a career? 

Well, for one...I have multiple passions, and two...I have no idea how to start a business. To tell ya the truth I don't know if I'm even capable of running things on my own. On here I can hide behind my computer...but get me out in a crowd and who0o boy the fear sets in pretty quick. 

Okay, I'm getting side tracked. What I wanted to talk about is how I came to the realization that although there are tons of stuff I am passionate about, there is only one true thing worth spending the majority of my energy on. Yeah, yeah I love nutrition and healthy food...but it always comes to a dead end for me. I always feel like I'm pushing myself to learn things about nutrition and feel bogged down by food the majority of the time. Food is kickin my ass...it consumes all my thoughts and dictates my day. I find myself eating when I'm not hungry, and in all honesty I believe I'm putting WaY too much emphasis on the importance of food in my life. It's just food! 

So, I had to ask myself...is food really where I want to center my attention? The answer is...No, I don't! So, what is it I want to do then? 

Drum roll....
Fitness! I absolutely LoVe to work out. I love everything about working out. I love the sweating, the burning, the energy it gives, and most of all I love the way working out re-shapes the body. I could work out all day long. 

Why didn't I realize this before? Sure, eating a healthy diet is mucho importante, but nothing is more important than following your passion. 

Clearly I've been focused on the wrong things. If I am going to be of any use to myself or the people around me, it's time to start focusing on my strengths. Food will find it's proper place in my life. I'm sure I'll still talk about how important eating raw food is, but I will no longer feel like I'm trapped by food. If I sat around and ate all day that would make me feel like poo...but if I was up and working out all day that would make me feel wonderful! Food is not a primary in my life. It never was growing up, and the only reason it's become such an issue now is because I let my thoughts be overrun by nothing but food. I have put food up on a pedistool and forgot about all the other things that are so important to health. 

I think I should have taken the hint when the school I was taking nutrition classes through filed for bankruptcy. Obviously the universe is tryin to tell me to switch careers lol. 

Gosh, I feel so happy right now. I sorta feel like I can start taking steps in a more positive direction...like I'm totally coming from a place of willingness now, rather than just doing something because I thought it was the right thing to do. My body has always been so important to me. There is nothing more beautiful than a person who is healthy and in shape. Cianara food brain and hello fitness noggin. Heavy on the cheese? Yeah, I think so too...can you imagine livin with a brain that pops out silly things like that? Psshh

Be looking for fitness and beauty tips...and possibly some workout demos. 
 Like I said, the gears are a turnin.

It's all about havin fun, and what's more fun than looking good and feeling great? Get up and get movin toward the direction of your dreams people.

Here's a link to that podcast - just in case you're curious 

No comments:

Post a Comment