Search This Blog


Friday, September 24, 2010

You Say It Best (when you say nothing at all)

Love me some country music! Actually, typing the lyrics to this long made me miss karaoke a little too much. I really need to find me a hoppin' spot out here somewhere.

AnyWho0o...

It is super, super early...I've been up since about 3am wide awake?! This is like the third day in a row now? It's really no biggie since I still have enough energy to get through my day, but it's just a little strange that I can only seem to sleep for like 2 or 3 hours at a time before I'm up and ready to go. Guess it's something I should just roll with.

I've been thinking off and on over the past couple of days about things I want to get off my mind. Words for instance. Language is such an important part of communication. It can make or break a conversation and it pretty much is our way of expressing ourselves to the people around us. Words have a ton of different meanings, and can even change meaning just by the tone of someones voice. 

So0o with that said, I must ask; have you ever been in the presence of a monotone speaker? You know...that person who says everything in the same tone of voice, with the same expression, as if there is no emotion what so ever behind anything they are saying? Um...talk about confusing! It's like the whole conversation takes on a new meaning. Not only are you trying to listen to what they're saying, but you are now forced to dissect ever word coming out of their mouth in order to make sense of what it is they're talking about. Brain explosion! How about when people ask you the same question over and over? Do you think my answer is going to change just because you're asking me again? Did you not hear me the first time? No, really...I'm confused...why are you asking me the same question five times in a row? Hearing problem? Do you like the sound of my voice? What? 

Or...haha you guys are gunna love me today, I'm totally ranting...it's great isn't it. How about when someone tells you to do the same thing over, and over, and over. Kinda makes you not want to do it, right? Frustration begins to take over, and all willingness is completely lost. Wouldn't life just be a whole lot easier if people butted out a bit, lived their life and let you live yours? Don't get me wrong, I love, Love, LoVe people. I wanna be around people and engage in conversation as much as I can, but things start to take a turn when the other person in the conversation is only thinking about themselves. It's easy to tell when a person is self-absorbed. Maybe I once was self-absorbed (or still am?) and that's why I can spot it, but it's definitely a major conversation turn-off to be in the presence of someone like that.

I got another one! Lol. How about the person who just always has to be talking? Talk, talk, talk. Never shut up. Always something to talk about. Gab, gab, gab. Hey yappy! It's cool. We can be quite. It's like they have to fill space so they MuSt think about something to talk about...and it's usually non-sense stuff, like making a big deal out of nothing, or um...repeating themselves for the 10th time.

Moral of the post? Use your freakin words like a normal human being so that other people can understand you clearly. Show some emotion in your face, change your tone of voice once in a while and maybe have a little more fun in life. Everything isn't a huge, major issue. Relax, people will want to be around you more. Guaranteed!
*Quick Note* I'm really not a horrible-complain about stuff type of person, but I think everyone can benefit from this little tid-bit of information. We're all here to get along, and how the heck are we suppose to get along with things like this holding us apart? Thanks for listening and I hope this smile :) can bring back SoMe form of positivity into your day.

2 comments:

  1. I want to say something, but the whole point of your blog is discouraging comments! ;-)

    Also, what's tough is interpreting txt messages or chat messages correctly. It's, in essence, the same thing as someone talking monotone and expressionless.

    Nice rant tho... Complainer! Haha!

    Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Nick - be prepared, cuz I think I got some more ranting left in me LoL

    ReplyDelete