Search This Blog


Thursday, September 9, 2010

La De Dah


Well...I'm sittin here eating some watermelon and It's been a couple days since I last blogged, so I figured I'd write a little something. Only thing is, I can't really think of anything to write about! So, let see if I can pull something inspiring out of my eerr....outta thin air. LoL come on, my Grandma reads this - gotta keep it clean when I can! Love you Grandma :) 


Hhhmm...what do I wanna talk about? What has been on my mind? Well, I guess I can just start off by tellin ya what I've been up to. 


On Monday I started a high fruit (high carb.) raw food diet. I want to get in shape and ready for my upcoming yoga training, so I wanna make sure I'm feeling as good as possible. Now, if you've followed my blog you know that I've sorta struggled with the raw food. There is no doubt in my mind that I think it's the absolute best thing for our bodies to eat as pure as possible - which I've come to find that uncooked is as pure as it gets. Even though I believed in the raw 'path' I just couldn't seem to stick with it for longer than a week or so without caving into cravings for high calorie cooked foods. Why? I wasn't getting enough calories! I am super active - always on the go and constantly moving around...this requires a lot of fuel. If the gas tank on a car is empty it ain't gunna run - well, my tank was running on empty! I felt sleepy and kinda spacey a lot of the times, which is not what I wanted to feel like. Then, I came across this 80/10/10 book. Theory is to get 80% of your calories from carbs (higher calorie food) and the remaining 10/10 from protein/fat. Our bodies run on carbs. and fruit is the best carb source in the world...so I'm giving it a shot. I'm going on day 4 and I feel amazing! I've had so much energy. Eating a high volume of food is a little new to me though, and my body is adjusting...so it's not ALL peachy keen and perfect, but I know that there is always a transitioning period when life changes are made. Oh! I know what I can talk about! :)

It's becoming clear to me that having a plan is SO crucial! If you would have talked to me about planning things out about 2 months ago I would have laughed and said, "Plan? That's silly - just live. Agendas are stupid." While I do still believe it sounds nice to never have to write things down or think ahead...it just isn't realistic. We are adults. Which means we have responsibilities. Not all of us have responsibilities LoL...but most of do. You gotta have a plan. It's called setting a goal, and then working toward that goal. That's all a plan is - and it's so important! Without a plan we would just be wonder aimlessly through life...looking like lost little puppies. You gotta know what you want in life. Write it down, write it out and then act on it. Simplify your life to be geared toward what it is you want. Just know that planning isn't about being stuck in your ways and only doings things when and how you want them done - no, it's about being flexible and accepting the good with the bad. 

Being happy isn't about everything being perfect, it's about you being able to be happy even though things aren't perfect. Yeah, read that over a couple times. 

In any situation you can choose to be happy or angry. Bad things certainly do happen, but that doesn't mean we can't find a positive spin. When I first set out on this health journey I got sicker than ever! I had all these high expectation to be perfect since I was doin all these 'perfect' things. Whenever something was out of place, or I had a ache/pain I'd get all stressed out - "Why is this happening? I'm doing all the right things, I shouldn't be experiencing anything but perfection." You just can't live that way. Stuff isn't always going to go the way you had planned, getting to your destination isn't always going to be a straight narrow. There may be twists and turns that you didn't anticipate, but you gotta just buckle up and enjoy the ride. Who the heck wants to go on a roller coaster that only goes one way anyways? The loops and sharp turns are the reason we pay to ride - they're fun! Enjoy even moment of your life. You are having that moment for a reason. Don't try to figure out the reason (it will drive you crazy! Trust me - I know). Just live the moment and accept it for what it is. Be honest with yourself. Do what's right for you, and put a freakin' smile on your face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment